The LGBTQ Resource Center has plenty of ways to get involved. Whether you’re interested in one of our student organizations, want to facilitate trainings, or serve as a staff member, we have tons of opportunities!
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Sign up to receive our bi-monthly newsletter where we share important announcements and upcoming events: https://bit.ly/2HqAHmZ
Join a Student Organization!
We have a variety of LGBTQ+ student organizations; check them out here!
Apply to work at the LGBTQ Resource Center!
We have a diverse and knowledgeable staff welcoming you to the Resource Center! Stop in and say hello to us! All are welcome!
If you are interested in being a member of our student staff, please read some more details below, then fill out the staff application form on MU Engage. Once you’ve applied, you’ll be contacted on further steps.
Some of our student staff responsibilities include:
- Staffing our resource tables across campus
- Staffing the front desk and welcoming visitors to the Center
- Tasks around the Center
- Individualized projects
- Programming and event planning
- and so much more!
Some of the requirements in order to be on staff include:
- An open mind and willingness to learn
- Strong communication around your summer availability and scheduling
- Respect for differences of those around you, and on campus
- The desire to help further the mission of the MU LGBTQ Resource Center
- The ability to attend staff meetings on Mondays from 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Be a Safe Space Facilitator!
Our Safe Space program is meant to teach the basics of LGBTQ identities and culture through definitions, terminology, and an overview of current cultural, social, and political issues, activities, and plenty of time for question and answer. Using a mixture of information and some personal stories, we hope to help support the development of LGBTQ Allies at Mizzou, making it a more inclusive space for all!
For those who are interested in being a Safe Space Facilitator, please apply through our Team Member Application Form on Engage!